10. You will have stories to tell your friends for the rest of your life. You may even write a book about it like I did.
8. You will learn a new way to look at education and no doubt try to understand the strengths of the Confucian model of education compared to the Socratic approach.
7. you will probably also learn some British model of education such as Cambridge if you teach in a large school
6. you will make friends from all over the world who are adventurous and interesting
5. you will be getting paid to learn and you will learn to live as an indigenous citizen of the country you live in
4. You will become a better teacher because you will see the purpose of teaching and how powerful it is for human development
1. You will have a chance to reinvent yourself as many times as you like and experiment with different personas.
Michael Allan Charles is the first time author of It All Started In Mandalay