We love what we do and we invite you to learn more about IDEAS and how you can join us. You can continue to work in the profession in which you have been educated and trained. Whether you are just starting to explore this big world of ours and seek a brief experience, or you are ready to live the rest of your life overseas, we have a program for you.
YOU can be a part of IDEAS global community of professionals leveraging our skills to restore hope! We invite you to take a small step forward and try our fun, interactive Where in the World Do I Belong? Quiz, or if you are ready to begin the adventure of your life-time, GET STARTED today.
Our Mission: To demonstrate love – serving forgotten and overlooked people by meeting their social, intellectual, physical and spiritual needs.
Our Vision: To see transformed lives in communities of contagious hope.
- Community formed by intentional relationships is the context in which we collaborate, help, serve and care for others in an environment of grace, love and forgiveness.
- Authenticity in our identity, professional skills and roles gives us freedom to serve others with credibility and have transformational impact.
- Partnerships reflect our belief in the value of connectedness, community and combining resources to better serve others.
- Personal Character drives us to demonstrate uncompromising integrity and wise financial stewardship in all of our organizational activities and in the locations of our Associates where dependability, courage and perseverance are paramount.
- Cultural Respect is demonstrated by entering as sensitive and respectful learners of both local languages and customs.
- Creativity and Innovation allows us to be nimble and adaptive to changing situations and opportunities.
- Life-long Learning considers each person’s skills and development from initial endorsement through their time with the IDEAS. Every person is encouraged to continue to learn and grow through academics, training, and developmental activities.
Our methodology is a proven and powerful approach which responds to human need with innovation and compassion. This multi-step process has been successfully launched within communities in more than 13 countries:
1. Assess needs in partnership with local community.
2. Develop projects which are valued by local community.
3. Implement projects and build on relationships.
4. Serve and work with excellence, allowing individual lives and communities to be transformed socially, intellectually, physically and spiritually.
Our methodology is applied to five project categories: Agriculture, Business and IT, Community Development, Education, and Healthcare and Wellness.